Monday, July 8, 2013

July Counterfeit Kit

Hello everyone! I finally got my July Counterfeit Kit put together and ready to share! This month's inspiration is this Summer Fun kit from Scrapbook & Cards Today.


Now, I've found it a lot easier to get my inspiration by looking at each piece of the kit individually. So I made a pinterest board with all the pieces I could find here. The first thing that jumped out at me was the yellow heart paper by Dear Lizzy, and I knew I had a similar one from Echo Park that I have been trying to put into my kits... it would have made it into last month's kit, except that kit took on a definite cream undertone, and the stark white of the hearts in this paper just wouldn't have looked quite right. So I started with that paper, and then looked through the rest of my Echo Park paper to see what would fit the theme/colors of the kit. I got a grid paper from the Happy Days line inspired by the B side of the Pebbles Love You More paper. A couple papers from A Walk In The Park to pull in the green and orange. Then I found papers from A Perfect Summer that pulled in the mix of colors I wanted, plus that multi-colored chevron type stripe similar to the one in the kit! I pulled in a couple more papers from Happy Days and Scoot, then a few more summery papers from Pebbles and Bo Bunny. And here is my paper I'm starting out with. I didn't include cardstock, because I usually use patterned paper for my background, but I may use some white or kraft cardstock when I get down to scraps.


Then I found some embellishments... chipboard stickers from Bo Bunny, label stickers from Jillibean Soup, stickers and cut apart cards from Echo Park.


Then I pulled my stamps with cameras and tickets that I'll use on kraft cardstock to make my own embellishments like in the kit. I also pulled a few label stamps, and stamps with hearts and stars like in the kit.


Then I went through and added a few letter stickers, some Elle summer-themed tags, some Jillibean Soup circle tags, raw chipboard shapes, buttons, word stickers by LYB, word rub-ons, and I even found a chevron and stripe stamp that I can use to continue that pattern on my layouts.


So there's all my kit, which I have decided to name "Boys of Summer". I can't wait to start using this kit for summery layouts!


7 comments:

  1. Your kit is awesome. The colours are bright and summery and I like all those Jillybean soup elements. It will be fun to use I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll order one just like this! Super happy papers (I am a pp backgrounder, too) & oodles of goodies *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kit is just lovely!! I LOVE the colors and all your embellies. This is gonna be a fun one to work from for sure!

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, I just love this kit! The colors are so fun, and I love all the stamps. Can't wait to see what you create with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea of making a Pinboard to put your kit together! I usually copy a thumbnail into Word and print it out but this would save some paper and ink! I love your bright colors and see some wonderful bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great kit. I feel your pain on the bright/off white/cream thing - quite often I have the perfect pattern to put in a kit, but if the "white" isn't right it looks wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh lots to work with there - look forward to your creations :)

    ReplyDelete