Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Mr. Reilly!

 
This week we celebrated Mr. Reilly's birthday.  His favorite candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... seriously, he's addicted to them. I have to hide them in the freezer so he doesn't eat the whole package in one sitting! So when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it out.

 
I did do a couple things a little differently. Instead of using Devil's Food cake mix, I used Duncan Hines' Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix. Oh my was it good... and had that extra kick of chocolately richness. Also, the peanut butter frosting came together a little too thick so I added a couple tablespoons of milk to get it nice and fluffy and spreadable.

 
That is pure yummyness in the middle! Oh so good! And amazingly enough, this cake is ten times better the next day! Mr. Reilly was very pleased, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment