Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lost in Thought

Hello everyone! It's time for another sketch and color challenge at The Memory Nest! Here is this week's sketch and color combo:


When I first saw this color combo, I thought this would be really difficult for me to pull together. After all, I have two boys and have very little purple in my stash! So I started out by digging through ALL of my paper - and it's a good thing I had purged a lot of it a few months ago, otherwise it would have taken me forever! But I did manage to find two lines with purple in it.. the first was Bo Bunny's Peacock Lane Collection, and the second was Pink Paislee's Vintage Vogue collection. I thought the Bo Bunny paper was a bit too bright for this combo, so I went with Pink Paislee. I then went through my paper again to see what else I could pull together in the blues/greens. Then I remembered that I had this paper from We R Memory Keepers that I bought on a whim because I absolutely loved it, although I seriously didn't think I would ever use it. And I pulled in a couple other sheets from My Mind's Eye. 

Now that I had the paper selected, I had to figure out a photo so I could get embellishments together. I pulled out a stack of photos, and the one on top was absolutely perfect for this paper! So I cut up all the paper, inked it, and decided I needed some mist. I used Mister Huey's Seafoam and did big drops and little splatters all over the page. The big drops didn't look like they were soaking in, so I left it overnight to dry. (Guess I should get a heat gun?). The next morning the big drops still looked wet... I finally got tired of waiting so I grabbed a paper towel to soak up the extra ink and they were dry! They just had a wet sheen to it, I love how it looks!

So I glued all the paper down and started looking for embellishments. Nothing really caught my eye until I looked in my flower bin and found the green and purple butterflies! I cut circles from one of the PP papers, added some washi tape and a few buttons, and made my clusters. Then I found this die cut from LYB to use for the title from the Forest & Fern collection.. and added some letter stickers. And here's my finished layout...


I love it when something stretches my creativity and I end up with a project I absolutely love that I never would have done without a challenge! I would love to see your creations with this challenge so hop on over to The Memory Nest to play along!



1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, this is amazing LO!
    So pretty, and I love all the green :)

    ReplyDelete